The Girl’s Friendly Society began in 1875 by Elizal Edson. It was the first
women’s organization in the Episcopal Church. The purpose of the G.F.S is to provide friendship
and recreation in which all girls might share, bound together in fellowship, Christian love and service.
Our goal is to help girls understand what it is to be a Christian within their own particular life situations.
The Girl’s Friendly Society meets every Saturday at 12:00 pm.